Prepare with a Masters in Evangelism & Leadership
As cultural changes accelerate, the mission of Jesus requires a new type of leader who is prepared to generate ministry strategies that are contextually relevant and theologically sound.
The Master of Arts in Evangelism & Leadership at Wheaton College will equip you to think critically and act creatively to communicate the gospel in our contemporary, multi-ethnic world.
What is Evangelism and Leadership at Wheaton?
You can apply your learning in your current ministry context while you earn your Master's degree.
You will understand how to apply the gospel in emerging and post-Christian cultural contexts.
You will develop a rich theological understanding of the gospel in all its dimensions.
You will gain essential cross-cultural communication and relational skills to be an impact player in the global mission of Jesus.
Need: Today only 13% of all churches are growing and only 4% of all churches are evangelistic. The Church needs a new generation of leadership. And there are many realities this new generation of emerging leadership must be equipped to face.
For one, postmodern culture is influencing the way people think, feel and respond. New ways to communicate truth, to defend the faith, to engage the culture and to do church are desperately needed. In addition, culture around the world is shifting. Globalization is a reality. In many communities, the multi-ethnic world is already here and the technology media of the West has gone everywhere. What’s more, the center of gravity of the Christian Church has shifted to the Global South. How do we respond to these global and local realities? How do we reach people today in this multi-ethnic and culturally shifting world?
In response to these realities, Wheaton College Graduate School has launched a new MA in Evangelism and Leadership degree designed to equip leaders to think critically and act creatively to embody and communicate the gospel in our contemporary multi-ethnic world. Today there is a crying need for “glocal” evangelists and missionaries, people who can think globally and act locally. We have committed ourselves to meeting the need for this new generation of leaders.
This degree is especially for people seeking to develop professionally in the following vocational areas:
- Local church senior leaders, emerging leaders and pastors of Evangelism and Missions
- Outreach leaders and potential leaders in parachurch organizations
- Aspiring scholars who want to explore the relationships between the gospel and cultures
- Lay people who want to strengthen their own witness and learn to train others in evangelism
- Evangelists and missionaries around the world.
The MA in Evangelism and Leadership degree will equip you with the following competencies:
- You will learn to generate ministry strategies that are theologically sound and contextually relevant.
- You will be equipped to lead and train others in effective evangelism, and to practice effective evangelism yourself.
- You will grow in your critical thinking skills about the gospel and contemporary culture, including emerging culture.
- You will deepen and expand your understanding of the gospel as the good news of the kingdom of God.
- You will learn crucial cross cultural skills related to contextualization and intercultural communication.
- You will put contemporary Evangelism in the context of paradigms and practices of Evangelism throughout Church history.
If you have questions, please contact the department at Intercultural.Studies@wheaton.edu.