History internships offer students the opportunity to earn four hours of elective credit and to receive invaluable experience in a history-related job setting. Consult the Internship Guidelines for more information.
Potential internship sites near Wheaton include:
OR think about a summer internship near your home area or in some other location. For general internship ideas, check out these websites:
- Museums: The American Association of Museums
- Historical societies: The American Association for State and Local History
- Federal government: Office of Personnel Management. (This site lists all available federal jobs, so seekers must search for relevant listings. Many are listed under GS-170 Historian.)
- State and local government: Check sites of individual states and cities, or this list of links.
- Archives: Society of American Archivists, National Council on Public History, Society for History in the Federal Government