Wheaton in China program features an immersion study of Chinese language and culture with related lectures and workshops, field trips and guided travel. The program begins with an orientation week on Wheaton’s campus or on site devoted to cross-cultural training and concludes with a post-trip self-assessment and reflection project after students have returned from China. The program offers courses in all levels of Chinese for all majors. Language and cultural courses and electives are taught both by Wheaton faculty and by local experts. Wheaton in China includes visits to cultural and historical sites in various cities. Students have the opportunity to worship in local Chinese churches and participate in service-oriented activities. The program is offered bi-annually May-June.
- Cross Cultural Orientation
- Total Immersion Program (Chinese Only!)
- Courses Taught by Tianjin Language and Culture Center Faculty Members
- Three Types of Classes Weekly
- Room and Board on Tianjin University of Finance and Economics Campus
- One Week of Home-Stay Arrangement
- Fellowship with Other International and Local Chinese Students
- Visits to Cultural/Historical Sites in Tianjin and Beijing
- Worship in Local Churches
Are you interested?
For more information contact the program director, the Global and Experiential Learning office, or take a look at more details regarding the program.