The Jazz Ensemble rehearses Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 7:00 to 8:30pm in Edman 102. Combo rehearsals are on Wednesday evenings.
Katie Ernst is the Jazz Ensemble director. You can reach her at
Jazz Performances at Wheaton
- November 12 - Wheaton Family Weekend Concert in Edman Chapel (7:30pm)
- December 7 - Jazz Night at the Stupe in Beamer
- March 1 - Jazz Combo Concert in Chatlos Studio 7:30pm
- March 29 - Wheaton College Jazz Ensemble performs in Chapel from 10:40 to 11:20am, featuring a world-premiere commission by composer Russell Scarbrough
- April 27 - Wheaton College Spring Jazz Concert (featuring jazz combos and ensemble) in Edman Chapel at 7:30pm
Wheaton Jazz Ensemble (big band, approx 18 members)
Showcase and Green Mill Combos (5-7 members each)
Auditions will include a prepared excerpt from the big band repertoire (provided once audition has been scheduled), sight-reading, and an optional improvisation of over 12-bar blues (C, F or Bb). Students are also encouraged to perform a prepared tune or written excerpt. Students will be placed in ensembles based on ability and ensemble needs.
Note: Students do NOT need be a music major to audition, and do not need to re-audition once they have been accepted into the ensemble.
Develop your sound and improvisational method through one-on-one study with our outstanding roster of private teachers. To enroll in private study, visit the Conservatory office in McAlister Hall (2nd Floor) and send an email to your instructor of choice: