Christian Formation and Ministry Department
2002 M.A., Educational Ministries, Wheaton College Graduate School
1997 B.A., Christian Education and Ministry, Wheaton College
About Dan Haase
Practical Theology, Mentoring/Discipleship, Contemplative Spirituality
Home schooling dad, gardening, backpacking and camping, poetry, pen and ink drawing
Find more about me on my personal website >>
- CFM 532 Discipleship
- CE 232 Spiritual Guidance/Discernment
- CE 497 Internship Seminar
(Click here to view department syllabi--past and current.)
Membership in Professional Societies
- Certified Stephen Minister
“A Philosophy and Handbook for Mentoring within Christian Higher Education” (M.A. Thesis, Wheaton College, April 2002).
Papers Published and/or Presented
- “Spiritual Formation Goes to College: Class-Related “Soul Projects in Christian Higher Education” (group authorship with David Setran, James Wilhoit, Don Ratcliff, and Linda Rozema). In press, scheduled for publication October, 2010.
- “Teaching for Christian (Trans)formation,” NAPCE Workshop Intensive, Oct., 2006.
- “Teaching for Transformation Thorough Internships: One Department's Model,“ NAPCE, Oct., 2006.
- “Mentoring on the Christian College Campus,” Koinonia (Fall 2002): 6-8.
- Internship Coordinator, Wheaton College, Department of Christian Formation & Ministry, Wheaton, IL, July 2003-present.
- Emmanuel Mentor Program Facilitator, Wheaton College, Student Activities Office, Wheaton, IL, Spring 2002-Fall 2003.
- Associate Resident Director, Covenant College, Lookout Mountain, GA, Fall 1998-2000.
- Youth Ministries Intern, First Presbyterian Church, Florence, S.C., Summer 1998, 1999.
- Student Venture Campus Director, Baylor Preparatory School, Chattanooga, TN, 1997-1998.